What We Believe:
- To open www.biblegateway.com in another tab click the link.
- All Scripture references taken from the New King James Version of the Scriptures.
1. The Bible – The Bible is God-breathed, without error, and completely trustworthy. It is our soul source and authority on how to live as a believer and how to please God (2 Timothy 3:16-17; 2 Peter 1:19-21).
2. The Triune God – There is one God eternally self-existent in three co-equal and co-eternal persons: the Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit (Trinity) (Matthew 3:13-17; Ephesians 1:1-14). God, as a Spirit being (John 4:24) is perfect in holiness, personal in relation to His creation, sovereign in authority, and self-revealing in His purposes.
3. God The Father – Regarding God the Father: we believe that He is the head of the Trinity (1 Cor. 11:3). He is the sovereign Lord of the universe and thus, orders and disposes all things according to His own purpose (Eph. 1:11; 3:15). He is the author of the work of redemption and has chosen and predestined His spiritual children to eternal life (Eph. 1:3-6). He hears and answers prayer and delivers from the condemnation of sin those who come to Him through Christ (John 5:24; 16:23; Rom. 8:1). He is the spiritual Father of the nation of Israel (Ex. 4:22).
4. God The Son – Regarding the person and work of Christ: He is God in human flesh (John 1:1-14). We believe wholeheartedly in His miraculous incarnation and virgin birth (Matthew 1:18-25; Luke 2:1-21), sinless life (Hebrews 4:15), substitutionary death (Romans 6:1-14; 2 Corinthians 5:21), satisfactory atonement, bodily resurrection (John 20; Romans 6:9; 1 Corinthians 15), headship over believers (Ephesians 4:15; 5:23), pre-tribulational return for His church age saints (1 Thessalonians 4:13-18), and pre-millennial return to reign on earth on the throne of David in Jerusalem (Revelation 19:11-20:6) .
5. God The Holy Spirit – Regarding the person and work of the Holy Spirit it must first be stated that we believe that He is a Person. He possesses emotions, intellect, and will and must be referenced as “He” and not “it.” He assists the work of Christ (Ephesian 1), convicts of sin (John 16:8), enables the process of new birth (Romans 8:12-17), comforts and teaches the believer (John 14:25-26; 16:12-15), guides the local church (John 16:13), and restrains sin (2 Thessalonians 2:5-7).
6. Angels – Angels are spirit beings created sinless by God. Most have remained so, however Satan, the highest angel fell away from God (Isaiah 14:12-15 ;Ezekiel 28:11-19), led other angels to follow him, deceived mankind into moral failure (Genesis 3), constantly opposes the work of God (1 Peter 5:8), and is destined for eternal punishment (Revelation 20:7-10).
7. Man – Man was created in God’s image (Genesis 1:26), free from sin, yet morally responsible (Genesis 2). Mankind in Adam fell into sin resulting in total depravity and universal guilt (Genesis 3; Romans 3). Mankind is composed of body, soul, and spirit.
8. Sin – Sin is the willful refusal to obey God, either by omission (not doing what God has commanded to do) or commission (doing what God has commanded not to do) (James 1:12-15) , and unchecked will lead to eternal punishment and separation from God. Sin is inherited, imputed, and personal.
9. Salvation – Salvation is the work of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (Ephesians 1). God initiates the work of grace and the sinner responds in repentance and faith (Romans 10:9-13). The genuine believer is eternally secure in Christ (Romans 8:31-39).
10. Universal Church – We believe in the spiritual unity of all church-age believers in the Universal Church (1 Corinthians 12:12-31).
11. Local Church – We believe in the assembly of groups of believers in the Local Church and their practice of the ordinances (baptism & communion), evangelism, discipleship, ministry, and fellowship (Acts).
12. Last Things – We believe in the Second Coming of Jesus Christ in all its stages: The rapture of believers (1Thessalonians 4:13-18), the believer’s judgment (2 Corinthians 5:10), the great Tribulation (Revelation 5:1-19:10), the return of Christ to the earth (Revelation 19:11-21), the Millennium (Revelation 20:1-6), the final judgment of unbelievers (Revelation 20:11-15), and the final state of all believers in the presence of God forever.