Squaw Creek Baptist Church exists to be living expressions of God’s love and truth. We endeavor to worship God in spirit and in truth, to enjoy godly fellowship with one another, to make disciples (Matt. 28:18-21), and to help them grow to maturity with the goal of seeing them, in turn, go out and make disciples.
- Living Expressions – We are the only Bible some people will ever read. Living the truth and speaking the truth must go hand in hand with proclaiming God’s Love (Matthew 5:14-16).
- Spirit and Truth Worship – We encourage personal and corporate worship that is relevant and authentic. We believe that worship is to be the believer’s response of all that he/she is-mind, emotions, will, and body-to all that God is and says and does. Loving God must be our highest calling and obeying Him our highest priority (Matthew 22:37-38).
- Enjoying Godly Fellowship – Godly fellowship emanates from conversation among believers about spiritual truth and its claim on our lives. This fellowship is crucial to our growth in unity as a church family. We fellowship in many different ways. Baptism and communion are biblical ordinances of fellowship. Furthermore, we encourage fellowship throughout the facets of church and home life (Acts 2:42-47).
- Making Disciples – We want to share God’s offer of salvation through Jesus Christ to everyone in the Cedar Rapids area and beyond. We will saturate our sphere of influence with the gospel, convincing each person of God’s holiness and love while persuading them towards repentance and faith (Matthew 28:16-20).
- Encouragement To Christian Maturity – This will be accomplished in the believer’s life through the study, teaching, and preaching of God’s Word. The Bible charges us with growth in all areas of spiritual knowledge and obedience. Believer’s must discover, develop, and use their Spiritual gifts in ministry. Furthermore, we must not be spectators, but rather active participants in God’s work (Ephesians 4:11-16).