Welcome to our Congregational Nurse page. Celeste Barkley has over 30 years of experience as a nurse. She has experience in general nursing, oncology, and hospice care. She is a valuable member of our team in visiting the sick and shut in and offers a nurses perspective to the pastoral staff as they minister to the Body. She is compassionate and caring and has a true heart for God and for people.
Her duties include:
- Visitation in hospitals, nursing homes and residences of those who are sick or injured. She offers spiritual encouragement, Bible reading and prayer for those she visits and reports back to the church body through regular emails.
- Heads up our frequent blood drives and health screenings and encourages others to be actively involved in their own health and the health of their families.
- Speaks to medical and nursing staff on behalf of patients to ensure that they have all they need and are getting the treatment they deserve.
- Offers spiritual counsel, comfort and encouragement to those who are facing difficult situations or are grieving the loss of a loved one.
- Seeks to share the gospel with all of those that she ministers to knowing that before any physical needs can be met their spiritual needs must be handled.